Thursday, April 30, 2009

Break the IT Blues

Message Written by: NNakahara from Richmond, CA

The possibilities are so exciting--blogging, Youtube, My Space, wikis, Second Life! Where to start first? Well, first I had to get permission to have these sites unblocked at work. It wasn't that bad, just fill out a form and wait a few weeks. So now I can get on youtube and my space. I'm still trying to get on Second Life. I have access, but now need to get approval to have the software installed in order to get started.
The brochure 2 Blog project has motivated me to not give up on the process of gaining access to these community sites. With a little patience and perseverance, I was able to view different sites and start thinking about how to apply these tools to get our message out. How have others dealt with the issue of access and security/bandwidth? I'd love to hear from the IT perspective also. Has b2B prompted discussion? If you are faced with barriers, keep on trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.